If you are a student and want to know whether you need memory training or not, answer these:
Do you often face one or more of the following situations?
- You read but you cannot memorize
- You memorize but you cannot recall when needed, like during exams
- You can memorize only selectively, for example, you are good at memorizing History facts but poor at memorizing Math tables or you can memorize lists but you can’t memorize paragraphs
- You have lost interest in a specific subject or in studies altogether
- You fall asleep whenever you try to study
- You become nervous and lose confidence during exam, interview or viva
- You don’t like school or your study room
- You don’t like your teacher/s
- You don’t like your parents
- You have some unwanted habit that stops you from focusing on studies and memorizing such as nail biting, pencil chewing etc.
- You have some fear or phobia or an unknown feeling due to which you cannot concentrate on studies
- You get distracted by other unimportant things while studying such as mobile phones, TV, games, social media etc.
If you suffer from one of the first four situations then you must get Memory Training.
And if you suffer from even one from the remaining eight situations, you don’t have a choice other than getting NLP Memory Training.
Why Memory Training?
- The syllabus that is taught in our schools and colleges are boring. They neither excite students nor motivate them.
- Students are not taught how to encode and retain the information given to them by teachers. They are not taught the skills of memory retention and retrieval.
- All the senses of children are not engaged while they study a subject. As a result they can neither focus on studies nor memorize them. These very children can decode complex mobile game rules and memorize them in a matter of seconds that they don’t forget for almost always.
- There are many other reasons like emotional, social or personal problem that engage a child’s mind more than anything else. Can a child learn when he is afraid, suffering from phobias, bullying, depression or other such issues?
Does Memory Training Really Help?
Yes but when you work on deeper levels.
You know cycling and you know swimming. All because you have memorized the techniques of these skills deep into your subconscious mind. You have engaged your senses, your body, your mind, everything to learn these skills and therefore you don’t forget cycling or swimming anytime in your life whether you do them daily or not.
In the similar way, if a student is trained to use his visual, hearing and other senses to memorize things, he can master the art of memory.
It can be an art but there is a science behind this art of memory.
NLP uses Science of Memory to Coach Students
Science says, there are three steps of memory creation and retrieval.
- Encoding, when you come across an information and your brain perceives its details through senses.
- Storage, when you store all that your brain has perceived in different regions of your brain. Neurons play an important role here. They communicate about what you have perceived. Then they make a neural pathway that gets imprinted on your mind. Based on the intensity of this pathway, the information gets stored either in short term memory or long term memory location.
- Recall, when your mind revisits the neural pathways formed earlier and retrieve the memorized information, it is called memory retrieval or recalling memory.
What NLP Techniques we use for Memory Training
NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) helps create memories effectively, store them by using the efficient language of neurons and retrieve the memorized facts by using the cues employed while making the neural pathways in the mind.
Memorizing through Senses
We identify the strongest sensory mode of a student through which he perceives information. For example, some students have good visualizing power, stronger than their auditory or other senses. On the other hand, some other students take in more through hearing than by seeing or feeling. Yet another set of students have more deeper kind of sensory perception which is taken through feelings in their muscles.
Memory Techniques based on Dominant Senses
We use memory techniques that best suit the students as per their dominant sense- visual, auditory, kinesthetic.
Memory Exercises to Strengthen Other Senses for Better Memory Creation
We also do activities and exercises that enhance the other senses of students. This helps them retain memory in a wholesome manner.
We train the students in various memory techniques such as Mnemonics, Chunking down, memory Palace and many more.
Student NLP to Boost Confidence
We make the students do NLP exercises to increase their confidence and motivation levels as well as to remove their exam fear.
Student NLP for Solving Personal Problems
We Use NLP techniques to resolve the personal issues of students that might be hampering their memory retention such as fears, phobias, unwanted habits, bullying, getting hurt, disliking teachers or a particular subject etc.
Once a student learns how to find interest in a subject by engaging his senses and applying memory techniques, he never forgets what he studies.
This also makes students stress-free and happy.
And this is our primary goal- To make students stress free so that they enjoy studies and childhood at the same time.
Make your Children happy, give them an opportunity of using their mind fully and in the right manner.